The Kitesurf Lodge
Private & Shared room options
This surf camp is located in Obidos lagoon. Our amazing lodge just a five to minute walk from the Obidos lagoon.
We accommodate a maximum of 15 guests and you can spend your time kiting and then hanging out with likeminded people!
We want our guests to get the absolute maximum out of their holiday, enjoying the sun and learn how to kitesurf in this little piece of paradise in Portugal.
The Obidos lagoon is the biggest saltwater lagoon of Europe and therefore the safest kitesurf spot to teach and learn kitesurfing.
The wind is most of the time cross onshore which makes this lagoon very safe for inexperienced kitesurfers.
Since the wind direction is never towards the Ocean, the Obidos lagoon has no channel, the water is shallow and the mouth of the lagoon is made of sand instead of rocks.
It is the perfect place to kitesurf!
- Getting there
- Kitesurf Lessons
Additional Fees:yoga € 10 per person, per session
bike rental € variable
Room Type: Private
Private double room within the lodge.
Room Type: Private
Private twin room within the lodge.
Room Type: Shared -
Dorm room within the lodge.
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
- - Nearest Airport: Lisbon
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 80
- - Time from Airport in a car: 1 hour
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
Come Kitesurf With Us
Kitesurf Lessons can be added in the booking steps if they are not already included in a package.
Main Kitesurf Beach: obidos lagoon
Kitesurf Lessons we offer:
Beginner Kitesurf Lessons
You are new to kitesurfing and excited to experience the sport but maybe also a little worried if you would be able to learn kiting in one week? Well, don’t worry about this. One week will probably be too less to start jumping but there is plenty of time to get on the board, start riding and experience some real speed and power of the Portuguese wind.
Intermediate Kitesurf Lessons
You are already familiar with kiting but not yet at that point where you can just rent materials and go out on your own. We’ll get you within a week and we’re going to make some starts with jumping as well. In case you complete our course and still have hours left, it’s never a problem to switch from lessons to rental or guided kiting if you’d prefer.
Advanced Kitesurf Lessons
You can ride toeside jump a bit and want to go to a place where you can really work on your technique, start jumping higher and further develop your tricks? You’ve come to the right place. The Obidos lagoon provides perfect conditions to do all this and the best part of this story is that we have in instructor available to ride with you and give you the exact tips you need to make that piece of progression you really wanted.
Equipment Hire: Gold
If you just want to go out there by yourselve(s) and freestyle in the lagoon or jump in the Atlantic, you can find the perfect kite and board with us and walk from our lodge to the beach and start enjoying your session!
We have an in house yoga teacher and each week we'll plan our yoga sessions according to the wishes of our guests
The flat waters are ideal for beginners and a great introduction to SUP. We start with the basics instructions on the land including safety and basic paddling techniques, along the way, we will make some stops at strategic locations of the lagoon or bay in order to teach more techniques to improve your paddle stroke.
The Tour starts on land with basic instructions:
Introduction to equipment and safe carrying technique
Launching and recovery
Stance and paddle skills
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 14 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 14 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/kitesurf school within one year of your original booking.
- If a customer cancels anytime up to 14 days before travelling you will refund the balance to them. If you have not collected payment from them you will just not charge them.
- Book your accommodation & kitesurf lessons in the one place
- 24/7 Support – phone & email
- 20,000 booked since 2009 *
- Best price guarantee
- Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
- Flexible cancellation conditions
- Manage your bookings online
- You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
- Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.
* including through our sister company surfholidays.com
- Manager: Maus