Are you ready to embark on a wave kitesurfing vacation? Not sure where to start? Have no fear, Kitesurf Holidays is here! Below we have created a simple guide to assist you in planning your next wave kitesurfing vacation. Our guide is broken down in three parts: (1) The Best Wave Kitesurfing Destinations, (2) When to Visit, and (3) Where to Stay and Where to Take Lessons.
Stay tuned and you'll be slashing waves in no time!
PART ONE: THE BEST WAVE KITESURFING DESTINATIONS
- Le Morne, Mauritius
Super consistent wave (great for riding w/ a kite).
Variety of breaks to suit any level of rider.
Flat water options as well.
- Mancora, Northern Peru
Consistent, everyday wind.
Forgiving break (great for novice wave riders).
Amazing food and no wind activities.
- Cape Town, South Africa
Variety of kiteable breaks.
Plenty of recreational opportunities aside from kitesurfing.
- Obidos, Northern Portugal
Low traffic conditions (on and off water).
- Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
Lots of rideable locations.
PART TWO: WHEN TO VISIT
- Le Morne, Mauritius - June to September
- Mancora, Northern Peru - November to July
- Cape Town, South Africa - October to March
- Obidos, Northern Portugal - March to November / June to August (for more beginner friendly conditions)
- Fuerteventura, Canary Islands - November to April
PART THREE: WHERE TO STAY & WHERE TO TAKE LESSONS
- Le Morne, Mauritius - Villa d'Or
Villa d'Or is loacted in the heart of La Gaulette, the nearest village to Le Morne. At Villa d'Or you will be within walking distance from local attractions, eateries, and kite spots. Interested in more information about Villa d'Or? Follow the link.
- Mancora, Northern Peru - Wild Kite
This Mancora hotel will have you feeling at pampered throughout your entire stay with it's clean and comfortable rooms, multiple swimming pools, and breathtaking ocean views. We have the latest pricing and booking information here.
- Cape Town, South Africa - The Mystic House
At The Mystic House you'll be provided with an authentic, action packed Cape Town experience. The Mystic House is the official acomodation for the world renowned Red Bull King of the Air competition! Check it out!
- Obidos, Northern Portugal - The Kitesurf Lodge
The Kitesurf Lodge in Obidos is situated just a 5 minute walk from the biggest saltwater lagoon in Europe - the Obidos Lagoon! Nothing beats that! Book your stay ASAP!
- Fuerteventura, Canary Islands - LineUp Kite and Surf Camp
The LineUp Kite and Surf Camp was designed for people just like you - kiters! With its innovative design, you (and all your gear) will be comfortable and safe from the moment you arrive! For more information, visit this page.
That's it for our guide! Have fun on your next wave kitesurfing vacation! We'll see you on the water, cheers!